One good way to keep yourself hydrated is to mix lemon and water. Lemons contain electrolytes beneficial to hydration. Simply mix 2tsps fresh squeezed lemon juice to 8oz water and drink. Skip adding any kind of sugar or sweetener for a healthy drink.
Replace that gatorade with lemon and water. It’s a much healthier alternative to sports drinks and better on your pocket book as well.
Another added benefit to this drink is it’s alkalising effect on the body. When the bodies environment is too acidic a range of symptoms can occur. The human body prefers to be more alkaline than acidic. Too acidic an environment leaves ones body open to a range of illnesses.
More benefits from this wonderful fruit include -
- Lemons help with digestion and bloating, helps relieve heartburn
- Lemons stimulate and cleanse the liver and kidneys
- Natural diuretic and helps lower blood pressure
- Contains magnesium, potassium and calcium
- Has been known to help with asthma
So what could be easier than a little lemon and water mix to keep hydrated. Today’s diet typically consists of coffee and energy drinks that dehydrate. Why not stimulate your body and awaken yourself with a refreshing cup of lemon water.